Friday, December 13, 2013

Art

I like public art. I don't go in for museum art so much, but when people place art in public spaces, I like it. It's robust, made to survive the elements, and it's usually doesn't take itself too seriously.

Some art I can understand, like this tortoise-shaped fountain...

 ...and some I don't...

 ...but that's okay.



Some art is in locations that make you wonder why they put it there...



 ..and in some cases you wonder what they were thinking...

Some public art is ephemeral but no less interesting:
Flower art under plastic

Detail of flower art made with petals and colored grains

Flower art depicting an oncoming train (displayed at Tokyo Train station)
Detail of train mural
But it's all fun.

See more art in this art gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment